Children's Grief Awareness
The National Alliance for Grieving Children is committed to serving as a catalyst for leading a national movement to educate, advocate and raise awareness about the needs of grieving children, teens and their families. This November, in observance of Children's Grief Awareness Month, we will launch NAGC GriefTalk. GriefTalk is an initiative of the NAGC aimed at encouraging and supporting honest conversations around the topics of death and grief. This initiative has produced resource guides and for the basis for conversations in the coming weeks in support of Children's Grief Awareness Month.
With our members across the United States, we advocate for supportive conversations in this critical moment where a child's life is changed forever. Join us this November to encourage everyone to get comfortable with their GriefTalk.
Other Ways to Show Your Support!
- Provide copies of the NAGC's Activity Book "When Someone Dies: A Child-Caregiver Activity Book" to the grieving children in your life. Consider donating books to schools, churches, funeral homes or hospices in your area.
- Partner With Your Community: Find a children's support center/program in your area and lend them a helping hand.
- Learn More About "Children's Grief Awareness Day" and The Highmark Caring Place.
- Become a member of the NAGC.
- Share your personal story. Were you bereaved as a child or teen? Consider sharing your experience with vis through a "Dear Me" letter.