Grief Reach FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Grief Reach Grant application process. We will update this page throughout the application period as more questions come in.
Can I apply for both grants and only receive one?
- You may only apply for one grant at a time.
If my current grant is over my but final report has not been completed can I still apply?
- You must wait until your final report has been submitted to apply for a new grant.
When is my application due?
- Cycle 1: Friday, April 22, 2019 at 5 p.m. ET
- Cycle 2: Friday, July 19, 2019 at 5 p.m. ET
Can I apply for a Capacity Building grant if I have a Community Expansion grant currently?
- You may only have one active grief reach grant at a time.
We are an organization of volunteers, can we apply?
- Your organization must have at least one paid employee in order to qualify for this grant.
Can I partner with another organization for this grant?
- Yes! In fact, we love to see collaborations for these grants.
Are these grants restricted by location?
- Grief Reach grants are open to any nonprofit serving bereaved children within the US.
For the two-year grants, is our budget percentage for the whole amount or the amount given each year?
- It is for the amount given each year. For example, if you are applying for the $50,000 grant award, your organizational budget must be at least $250,000 which is not be great than 10% of your organizations most recent fiscal actuals.
My organization is not a nonprofit, but we are looking to partner with a nonprofit to provide bereavement services, can we apply?
- Only nonprofits are eligible to apply. Your organization can partner with nonprofit, but your nonprofit must be the applicant.
Can we fall into more than one category for either grant?
- Your grant can cover more than one category but for the purposes of the application you must select one category.
If we’ve received one grief reach grant previously are we allowed to apply again?
- Yes, as long as your grief reach grant is complete and your final report has been turned in.
RFP Q & A Webinar, Cycle 1 – March 21, 2019 at 2:00p Eastern Register for this Webinar