Request for Proposals
Proposals for Presentations/Workshops
The Request for Proposlas will open on August 1st.
Proposal Deadline: September 15, 2019
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
Decisions Expected at the end of January, 2020.
The NAGC is honored to host this important annual gathering of grief support professionals, volunteers and researchers from around the country. Highlights of this event include two and one half days of workshops, educational sessions, networking opportunities and collaboration with colleagues providing services to grieving children and families.
The success of the annual symposium depends upon the participation, sharing and offerings from those working in this field. Please consider presenting your discoveries, innovative ideas and best practices as we work together to support grieving children and their families.
We have several categories in which we are accepting presentations:
- Outreach and Community Collaboration
- Research, Outcomes, and Measurements
- Programming and/or Activities/Techniques
- Specific Bereaved Populations
Click here for a complete list of Ideas for Presentations and consider how you might contribute to making the Symposium a success.
The Mission & Vision of the NAGC:
Mission: The National Alliance for Grieving Children promotes awareness of the needs of children and teens grieving a death and provides education and resources for anyone who wants to support them.
Vision: Because all grieving children deserve a chance to heal.
Mission of the NAGC Symposium:
The mission of the National Alliance for Grieving Children’s Annual Symposium is to provide a National Forum for those who serve grieving children and families and to offer educational resources and networking opportunities in a dynamic, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
How to Apply to Present
Deadline: September 15, 2019
- Review the topics listed in the Ideas for Presentations.
- All presentations are 60 to 90 minutes in length including time for questions and discussion.
- Review the Learning Objectives Tips for Wording so that you can write your learning objectives in the proper way.
- Have photos, CVs or resumes for all presenters available for upload. These are required.
- Complete this online form.
- Each presentation will receive a discount of $150.00 off the registration fee for the Symposium. (Presentations that use two presenters may split this discount and each receive $75.00 off the registration fee) Note that there is only one discount available per presentation.
- Each presentation is limited to a maximum of 2 presenters. Additional participants are permitted, but will not be listed as a presenter in the course information listings. Only the main presenter or main two co-presenters are eligible for a speaker's discount.
- Applications must be submitted online, with a maximum of two submitted presentations per person
- Lead presenter needs to have a Master’s Degree in a Mental Health field in order for this session to be approved for Continuing Education Credit.
- Presenters must present original material/ information or have obtained permission to present.
- Presenters assume responsibility for all travel, lodging and other related expenses, and are accepted are expected to participate at the time scheduled.
- Clickers will not be provided for presenters so please bring one with you if needed.