Request for Proposals
Proposals for Presentations/Workshops
The Request for Proposlas will open on September 1st.
Proposal Deadline: October 15, 2018
Decisions Expected at the end of January, 2019.
The NAGC is honored to host this important annual gathering of grief support professionals, volunteers and researchers from around the country. Highlights of this event include two and one half days of workshops, educational sessions, networking opportunities and collaboration with colleagues providing services to grieving children and families.
The success of the annual symposium depends upon the participation, sharing and offerings from those working in this field. Please consider presenting your discoveries, innovative ideas and best practices as we work together to support grieving children and their families.
We have several categories in which we are accepting presentations:
- Outreach and Community Collaboration
- Research, Outcomes, and Measurements
- Programming and/or Activities/Techniques
- Specific Bereaved Populations
Click here for a complete list of Ideas for Presentations and consider how you might contribute to making the Symposium a success.
The Mission & Vision of the NAGC:
Mission: The National Alliance for Grieving Children promotes awareness of the needs of children and teens grieving a death and provides education and resources for anyone who wants to support them.
Vision: Because all grieving children deserve a chance to heal.
Mission of the NAGC Symposium:
The mission of the National Alliance for Grieving Children’s Annual Symposium is to provide a National Forum for those who serve grieving children and families and to offer educational resources and networking opportunities in a dynamic, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
How to Apply to Present
Deadline: October 15, 2018
- Review the topics listed in the Ideas for Presentations.
- All presentations are 60 to 90 minutes in length including time for questions and discussion.
- Review the Learning Objectives Tips for Wording so that you can write your learning objectives in the proper way.
- Have photos, CVs or resumes for all presenters available for upload. These are required.
- Complete this online form.
- Presenters will receive a discount of $150.00 off the registration fee for the Symposium. (Presentations that use two presenters may split this discount and each receive $75.00 off the registration fee) Note that there is only one discount available per presentation.
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Applications must be completed no later than the expressed deadline.
- Presenters must present original material/ information or have obtained permission to present.
- Persons whose presentations are accepted are expected to participate at the time scheduled.
- Presenters assume responsibility for all travel, lodging and other related expenses.
- Wifi Will not be made available for presenters so be prepared.
- Clickers will not be provided for presenters so please bring one with you if needed.