National Development & Marketing Director
Link to Online Application
Position: National Development & Marketing Director
The National Development and Marketing Director reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and serves as an important member of the executive staff team. The National Marketing & Development Director works with the CEO to plan and execute resource development & marketing strategies and monitor progress against goals.
The National Development and Marketing Director is responsible for creating innovative marketing strategies that will build our brand, leading to increased awareness of our organization, fundraising revenue, relevance, and respect among our key constituents, members, and target audiences. This will include creating and leading a comprehensive development plan that increases funding revenue.
The ideal candidate will possess two distinct skills sets - marketing and fundraising. In an ideal world, the candidate would be a seasoned marketing professional with experience in branding strategies, campaign development and project management as well as national experience in fundraising campaigns.
- Develop and execute NAGC’s annual development/fundraising plan.
- Develop and execute NAGC’s annual marketing plan.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive development/fundraising program and plan to include an annual appeal, donor relations, and individual, corporate, and foundation major gift requests.
- Work with the development committee chair to devise strategies for the NAGC fundraising committee to assist with prospecting and fundraising planning activities.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Identify and secure sponsorships for NAGC educational activities and other NAGC programs provided to the public.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Maintain the NAGC fundraising database.
- Assist with program communication regarding fund development activities.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan for the NAGC that will build our brand and assist with meeting annual strategic goals.
- Develop and maintain marketing materials for the purpose of promoting all programs of the NAGC, including educational offers, NAGC membership, social media and fundraising opportunities.
- Assist with program-related and communication-related activities, especially as they relate to mission interpretation and fund development efforts.
- Create and implement strategies to further develop and promote the NAGC brand.
- Work with the marketing committee chair to devise a plan forcommittee participation in marketing responsibilities.
- Create marketing materials and maintain brand standards for the NAGC.
- Manage and provide oversight to the NAGC national awareness initiative, including developing strategies and activities to increase awareness of issues related to childhood bereavement.
- Develop a comprehensive media outreach plan, including creating and oversee regular media releases and pitching stories from the childhood bereavement field.
- Represent NAGC at public events in coordination with the CEO and other members of the NAGC staff.
- Other duties as requested that support the mission of NAGC.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Ability to work in a virtual environment and maintain accountability.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to self-start and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with and provide leadership to others in work groups and committees.
- Ability to be flexible and be a team player.
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality.
- B.A. degree in marketing, business, fundraising or another related field is required. CFRE certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 5-years experience in a development or marketing program or a related field.
- Expertise and a record of success in developing marketing and fundraising strategies and implementation.
- Graphic/Promotion development experience.
- Social media management experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to travel throughout the United States.
- Working knowledge of and ability to learn a variety of computer programs and applications. Including, but not limited to: Little Green Light Donor Database (or equivalent), Mailchimp or realted email marketing program, Zoom, Dropbox, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and MS Office (Word,Excel,Powerpoint).
- Previous non-profit experience.
- Experience in the bereavement field.
The NAGC conducts its business through a virtual office. The National Marketing/Development Director will work from a remote, home office. Laptop computer, printer and scanner will be provided by or costs reimbursed by the NAGC. He/she must expect travel at least twice per year, including to The National Alliance for Grieving Children Annual Symposium.
The National Marketing/Development Director reports directly to the CEO of the organization.
Applicants should complete the on-line application.