Job Opportunities Among NAGC Members
As a member benefit, we will post job opportunities. Please email us a description of the opportunity including a link to a website for more information.
Current Opportunities among NAGC members:
Portland, OR: The Dougy, The National Center for Grieving Children & Families
The Dougy Center for Grieving Children & Families is committed to providing support in a safe place where children, teens, young adults, and their family members who are grieving a death can share their experiences. Through our Pathways program we provide a safe place for families living with an advanced serious illness. With this mission and with the well-being of all grieving families in our community in mind, we will demonstrate The Dougy Center’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and specifically, fair and inclusive access to meaningful and relevant resources and services for all grieving people in our community. We are committed to engaging in intentional dialogue to foster a community based on our organizational values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence.
The Dougy Center for Grieving Children & Families is seeking a full-time Family Services Coordinator. This position, under the direction of the Program Director, is responsible for planning and running support groups, including the supervision of children, teens, young adults, adult caregivers, and volunteers. This position is responsible for conducting orientation sessions and placing families in grief support groups. This position collaborates with other program staff on planning and implementing innovative local programming ideas, local trainings including training of Dougy Center facilitators, presentations, interventions, and collaborative projects with outside organizations. The Dougy Center offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
• Master’s Degree in a human services field (Counseling, Social Work, etc.)
• Minimum of three years of professional experience working in groups with children and adults
• Solid understanding of working with children and families
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred)
• Demonstrated commitment to the agency’s mission, commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and values as stated above
• Flexibility in schedule to include some evening hours, occasional participation at weekend special events, and potential work at any of the Dougy Center locations in SE Portland, Hillsboro, and Canby
A full posting may be found at: https://www.dougy.org/about-us/employment/